Thursday, September 5, 2013

Diving right in!

As many of you I'm sure have heard, the House and Senate have had their own Foreign Affairs hearings regarding military strikes in Syria. This has made it a very interesting and busy few days on the Hill, and especially busy working in a Congressional office. I am so amazed and thankful I am able to see this debate unfolding virtually right around me. It is both humbling and enlightening to hear so many Americans' opinions on this issue - and others - as they participate in the democratic process.

Last night was my first evening of my Middle Eastern Politics class, and it will definitely be tough, but it couldn't be a more appropriate topic given the current events. The professor is very laid back, and is very knowledgable about the issue - he works for the government in some foreign policy capacity (he won't specify, but it does have something to do with national security, the State Department, and/or the Department of Defense).

This evening, I went on my second run here in the Capitol. I ran about 4.5 miles and got some amazing pictures. I am still awestruck at the fact that on my run, I pass the Supreme Court building, the Library of Congress, the Capitol, the Washington Monument, and the Lincoln Memorial - not to mention all the Smithsonian museums I pass. Here's a few pretty good pictures I took this morning and on my run:



 Supreme Court Building

 Capitol on my morning commute

Reflecting Pool and Lincoln Memorial 

Washington Monument being restored 

The Capitol at Dusk

No comments:

Post a Comment