Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Great Day and an Eventful Weekend

This past Friday I flew home and surprised my family. My mom had no idea I was coming home. My Grandpa Dale picked me up from O'Hare after leaving from Reagan National airport and having a layover in Detroit. After he picked me up, we went out for breakfast and then he took me to the DMV to get my 21 horizontal ID which was a pretty big deal for me. Later in the afternoon we went to Cousin Jennifer's house to surprise my mom. Many family members came over and we had a pretty good time!

Saturday I spent the day/evening with my dad, stepmom, and sisters. We went out for dinner with more of our family and it was nice seeing everyone since I will not be home until the middle of December.

I flew back to my DC home Sunday afternoon and relaxed after I got back.

This morning at 9am I got in line in order to view oral arguments take place at 1pm at the Supreme Court for the case Schuette v. Coalition to Defend Affirmative Action. This could become a landmark case depending on how the justices rule. After taking a SCOTUS class last semester, being there in the room and listening to oral arguments take place was definitely an experience I will not forget.

Supreme Court Building from in line at 9am

No comments:

Post a Comment