Saturday, August 31, 2013

Arrival!

My dad, stepmom, and I arrived in Washington DC this afternoon. We made it through two big storms over the two-day journey (the first in Dekalb, IL, the second around Bedford, PA), and saw some pretty cool scenery. At one of the rest stops in Ohio, a $190,000 Astin Martin parked next to us. So that was pretty cool. Once we got here, we drove around to check some things out. We saw the building I will be working in as an intern (the Longworth House Office Building),where I will be living during my stay here - starting tomorrow! Here are a few pictures of the trip and some sights we saw this evening:

Foothills in Pennsylvania 

The storm brews over the mountains

The torrential downpour we drove through in PA. 

Nearing Washington! On a scale of 1-10, my excitement was a 10. 

The view from our hotel balcony in Arlington, VA.  That's the Potomac River. 

At this point, my excitement level on a scale of 1-10 was 173827192737137282

My stepmom triple-dog-dared me to jump the fence into the lawn. I declined; I value my life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment